1. New York City makes me come face-to-face with my extreme debilitating case of "indecision" if I do NOT- DECIDE, I end up walking 90 blocks contemplating: Chai tea? or a smoothie?? I've done this before. Needless to say, my feet and hips cursed me the next day.
2. My favorite thing to do is stand on the edge of the curb in front of a tall building and REACH AS HIGH AS I POSSIBLY CAN. It reminds me how small I am against the structure of the city, but also reminds me of how powerful I feel.
3. I'm a "cafe crawler" and NYC is the BEST place for crawling.
4. I would love to do this- and become a hot dog eating CHAMP.
5. I have to harness my nerves before entering a subway, using mind tricks and silence. Subways scare the ever loving shit out of me. I realize this may be an issue- hence walking 90 BLOCKS.
6. The section of the city that's named after me- happens to be one of my favorites.
7. Cheap fruit on every street corner, to me, is the equivalent of free porn for eternity to sex addicts.
8. I never feel guilty eating pizza at 3am in NYC.
9. Central Park is the "Secret Garden" I always wished I had as a kid.
10. THE HISTORY- makes me salivate.
11. Walking down the street in heels imagining Carrie Bradshaw makes my Steve Madden heels feel like Manolo's.
12. Pedicures are far more deserving when you live in NYC. Feet don't get nearly enough lovin'.
13. Terra Blues & The Bitter End are a musicians dream.
14. I'd like to go to Trapeze school on a date. I find it BEST to break the ice by looking like an idiot from the beginning. THEN, depending on how he/she deals with "embarrassment", "discomfort", and possible life threatening situation- you can determine if there should be a date #2.
15. Rockefeller Center inspires me to kick my face like a Rockette.
16. The opportunity to literally "bump" into someone that you may fall in love with happens every time you walk down the street. Feel free to comment on this cheese ball sentiment, I won't be mad.
17. I love walking fast, no I NEED to walk fast and so do New Yorkers.
18. I could order take-out every. night. Any chance I can take to stay in my jamis while eating
naan or falafel instead of pizza, I cherish.
19. THE FOOD. OH MY HOLY ORGASMIC HELL, THE FOOD.
20.McSorleys- gotta love a pub where you could be drinking next to the ghost of Abe Lincoln and where your drink options are, "Light 'er dark?"
21. I happen to be a fan of "the parade" and NYC have made parades an art form.
22. I am not, however a huge fan of "The Donald" more a fan of "The Rosie"
23. The likeliness of me getting a DUI is decreased drastically. Hallelujah. And don't take this as an endorsement for drunk driving, calm down.
24. I could be a professional dog walker. A pro- with a nice ass and a strong grip. It's always an option.
25. I don't feel snobby saying, "Bloomies" and the idea of pearls are more reasonable in NYC, not as wasp-y. Though, I still never plan on wearing them.
26. Broadway is a reminder that there IS still true talent, despite the over saturated market of bad talent that has taken of the airwaves. Broadway performers are the best, of the best.
27. The word "socialite" doesn't carry the same negative connotation as it does in L.A. but rather, an old money- "My ancestors founded Harvard and I'm busy saving Nepal and funding the research to cure Alzheimer's" connotation.
28. Hummus Place, an entire restaurant dedicated to a tiny chickpea. This is brilliance at it's finest.
29. Manhattan reminds you of the meaning of community. A word that is slowly disappearing.
30. If I were to burst into a rendition of "Don't rain on my parade"- Barbara Streisand style, in the middle of a sidewalk- no one would mind. I may try this and let you know. I have now mentioned parades twice (#21) what's that all about?
31. Subway entertainers? Who doesn't love a free show that involves acrobatics.
32. Galleries, comedy clubs, cabaret's (Insert Liza impression here), plays, live music, - If I ever, ever, mention boredom on here ever again- remind me to reference the plethora of events I could be attending.
33. My dating pool is totally gonna grow. After I drop the word totally and lose my bronzer. Bronzer is a west coast accessory.
Anything you'd like to add about my new home?