Saturday, May 3, 2008

One, Two, Three, TEQUILA!?

My brain is fried and what better way to handle that than dousing it in liquor? I am completely positive that my brain is fried not only from thinking about booking this job but, because I drank entirely too much tequila last night, so much in fact that I should apologize to my liver for treating it so poorly.

Dear Liver,
I am sorry for that "half shot" I took, which then made me feel that it was "ok" to follow up with a full shot. I apologize for the two margaritas and I'm even more sorry for whatever cucumber infused beverage I added on top of that, and for those two sangria's. I'm sorry for treating my body like a science experiment and for mixing liquor like Bill Nye The Science Guy. Please forgive me, I tried to do a nice thing by feeding you pizza and you seem pretty pissed about that too.

With deepest regret,
Chelsea Talks Smack

SIDENOTE: Can we talk about how my mother found an old journal of mine and in it, I list some of my favorite things; favorite shoes- pennyloafer platforms, WHAT. THE. FUCK. ???
favorite songs- Castle On A Cloud from Les Miserables and No Diggity by Blackstreet.

Good to see that I had a wide range of musical appreciation. An inner broadway nerd, meets the streets, sounds like a musical in the making, no?

Anyway, lets rewind a bit....my audition was incredible. Thank you to all of you who sent me good vibes and energy, I was serene and confident, and don't think I could have done any better. It felt amazing....now I just have to wait, which is driving me so crazy I feel like I need to take up knitting or something to busy my mind so that I chill out with my compulsive thinking. Even better than the audition itself, was being able to see my friends in L.A. again, who I've missed IMMENSELY. Cuddling up on the couch with my best friend, munching on candy and salad from Gelsons, the comfort of being with people who you can be completely silent with or understand what you're thinking when you just look at each other. My friends are my family, so beautiful and perfect...I laughed harder for the days that I was there than I have in awhile, and I played an awesome game of Operation as well as mastered by art as Guitar Hero GOD. And damn, isn't it refreshing when you have friends who call you out on your shit? I love the connectedness, the bond, the ridiculousness and the support our friendship has...after my audition my bff was in the audience and screamed, "That's OVA!!!!" followed by boisterous applause. And obviously from the video below you can see why I love them so much, let me introduce you to my best friends: This is Schman (that's what I call her) and she is an asshole.





And my YouTube gift from my other BFF, in which she dances to my music that I wrote/sing/play....


Writing about how amazing my friends are almost made me forget how hung over I am....
So I will continue to watch youtube videos and hope that I don't go insane while I wait for a phone call that could change my life....

22 comments:

lspoon said...

1) The first video equals hilarity. I love that she's able to sing in that voice and sing beautifully...unless that's her actual voice which would be kind of unfortunate. :)

2) The second video is amazing on all levels. Your voice is GORGEOUS! And the dancing...LOVE!

3) I must point out that it's Bill Nye the Science Guy, not Steve. Unless that was a joke I'm not getting? :)

lspoon said...

Oh! and 4) CONGRATULATIONS on a great audition! :)

Camels & Chocolate said...

OH! I hope you got it!!! I'm so glad it went well!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

HAHAHAHAHA HIS NAME IS BILL! Damn, I totally thought that it sounded funny?

And in the first video she is singing, she tweaked her voice on her computer to make it super high pitched, though it is HYSTERICAL still.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

and thank you for #2! xoxo

Larissa said...

I think you're cool enough to bring back penny loafer platforms.

Lacey Bean said...

I'm so happy to hear the audition went well! Yay! And you have a BEAUTIFUL voice! :)

Your Ill-fitting Overcoat said...

Your song is gorgeous!! Good luck!

Raven said...

Schman's angry face is SCARY. If she every has kids, she is seriously going to be able to destroy someone's world view with those eyes :)

Meghan said...

No diggity is a classic!

You have an amazing voice, and that's the understatement of the year :)

~Angela~ said...

You sound lovely, and I'm totally digging that song. Talent = You.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

meghan- I'm so glad you agree about No Diggity

Larissa- that is the compliment of THE YEAR.

Raven- I know, good thing she's ususally zen....

and thank you all for the sweet comments about my voice, you're awesome ;)

creatingadiva said...

your songs are amazing and your friend is hilarious! I hope you make it! *keeping fingers and toes crossed for you*

J said...

Love your song (and voice)! And your friend's video was SO FUNNY!

Congrats on the great audition and good luck!

Alexa said...

loving your song.

also, the best part about having true friends is them calling you out on your bullshit.

christine said...

congratulations on the audition!

I also had an embarrassingly strong love for the song "no diggity". When it came on my little clock-radio I would make my mom come into my room and listen to it with me. She couldn't care less but I was so excited about that song!

The Shells said...

I was wondering where you'd been but keeping my fingers crossed for amazing developments in LA for you!

And add me to the list of people in love with the song/dance video. I'm a sucker for combinations of incredible talent and things that make my friends happy. :)

Wee-H said...

Nothing atall wrong with liking No Diggidy. Beautiful evening, girls in the car, on the way to a club, nothing beats that song!

Anna said...

I love the second video. You have such a beautiful voice! Congrats on having a great audition! :)

Michelle & the City said...

haha. no diggity was my favorite song for a long, long time!

Dolce said...

Chelsea! Your singing was AMAZING!!! Truly amazing! I've always expected your voice to be good, but you're GREAT! Fantastic even! I really REALLY hope everything works out for you!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

dolce- THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! XOXO.

 
ss_blog_claim=1c43e45eb4927c96edea5f154138fe95