Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Drunk Love


I am completely, overboard, drunkenly, head over heels for summer.

This is the first time I've fallen so hard for it. I tend to lean towards cloudy days, scarfs and a warm mug of piping hot coffee with creme brulee creamer while some sort of melancholy music plays in the background. Amos Lee or some sad girl with a guitar usually fits perfectly and nests into me, finding it's spot. Usually, that makes me happy. I usually don't open my windows and my home is dimly lit, dark and cozy....like a little cottage. But for the past month each morning I've been throwing open the blinds, and changing immediately from my pajamas into something tiny, little shorts and or baby doll dresses.

This new love for summer I think is in direct relation to some sort of inner shift I had, I'd like to think it's an opening of some sort. When I was in LA I took for granted that is was summer everyday. It irritated me. But summer signifies people emerging out of their little shells (homes, clothes?) and going out into the sun to spend a day with the world. People want to be active. Frisbee, bike rides and swimming pools.

I'd also like to take a minute to say THANK YOU GOD for the male form. Holy, holiness. Women are beautiful creatures, but MEN they are specimens.
Summer makes me carnivorous like a human T-REX- a ravenous beast. I want to sink my teeth into a nice chunk of bicep. I caught myself staring at a man on the treadmill in front of me yesterday because I found it FASCINATING that his ASS didn't move while he sprinted. It was like a two rocks buried themselves into his gluts, then in his calf muscles and I considered asking if I could take a squeeze to see what was in there. I love bodies. Different shapes and lines. When it's summer you get to see them, and appreciate their uniqueness. I am a dirty old man, but glory, glory thank you for man space.

I'm in a really strange place right now, not sure where I'm going/what I'm doing and think because of that I have a heightened awareness for all of things that are around me RIGHT NOW. Because, I'm so uncertain of where I'm going to be tomorrow (more on that later.) Luckily, I've been given a lot of freedom but I'm inherently an indecisive person and because of that, the freedom isn't because exercised as much because I can't make the first move. I've sort of hopped on some train and decided to just go for the ride....so to speak. I haven't even been able to write...

So while I'm here- right now, I'm high, euphoric, buzzedddd on all things summer. Tan skin, smoothies, coolers full of snacks, beer the smell of BBQ. Laying in the grass while ants crawl over your arms, driving with my windows down, fresh pineapple, music festivals, and baseball games.

What are in getting drunk on this summer? (feel free to make that a literal or figurative answer)

16 comments:

A Margarita said...

Outdoor beer gardens and ice cream cones of chocolate fudge brownie!

JK said...

Summer is the climax in the seasonal sexual experience!

I love summer for margaritas, dresses, and not wearing a bra!

Britt said...

i love love loved summer until I got wickedly burnt on Saturday. Now I'm cursing the sun and loving on aloe vera. Don't think I'd turn down a Bellini on the beach though. :)

Sarah said...

i haven't been getting drunk off anything besides beer, which kinda sucks. i need to get in the summer spirit. i'm think i'm going to start getting drunk off the love of my amazing lady friends aka pool parties and margaritas!

Alexa said...

well someone sounds a little horny.

right now i am drunk on blue skies and my flower pots. they really make me happy.

and literally im getting drunk on blueberry stoli. it screams summer.

Vanessa said...

I am drunk on sunshine, my herb garden in bloom again and watching in amazing wonder as my hermit crab, Crabby Pants, made his yearly molt of shedding his skeleton. A little wine never hurts either!

Noelle said...

four day workweek this week. So needed!

Hillary said...

it's a bit silly but right now I am drunk on the little basil plant I have growing on my windowsill

it smells so good and it's so vibrantly green
I have felt so drained and so GREY lately - it's nice to have a little life to look at every day

m said...

are you back in new york? because in new york i am drunk on air conditioning.

also this summer, i am loving: our new apartment, commuting in flip flops, gin and tonics, and the light that comes through the trees outside our windows.

Bayjb said...

Seriously all the hot boys come out after Memorial Day. The straight hotness level on my bus rides is insane. I just want to eat them all. Meow.

Princess Pointful said...

Sangria and sandy toes :)

Erin said...

I'm drunk on cold beer and hot men!

La Petite Chic said...

Literally, margaritas. Otherwise, cute bikinis!

nicoleantoinette said...

I LOVE all those things about summer and am so frustrated that I can't partake in any of them due to being SO DAMN BUSY.

Grrr.

Camels & Chocolate said...

Hmm, probably summer dresses. But that's more like an ongoing thing. And days it's actually warm enough to wear summer dresses in summer in San Fran (those days are few and far between).

Richard Womack said...

FEET 1ST, A LOVELY SKY.

"Windows on Tibetans"NYC ART -SHOW
May 2009. PaulaBarr.com (Links)

Cheers

Chelsea

 
ss_blog_claim=1c43e45eb4927c96edea5f154138fe95