Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANK YOU


Saying thank you simply isn't enough. The depth of my gratitude isn't as simple as two words, yet those two words hold so much weight, relief, validation.....and still, when I say thank you, it will never be enough. Words mean so much to me they fill me and inspire me, but when I go to say "thank you" I just hope that whether I were to say the words or not, the people I'm thankful to and the world I'm living in, would feel it through my energy, the way I operate and function, the way I give.

I have this overwhelming feeling of wanting to wrap my heart around the people I love. Not my arms, my whole, entire soul. I always say too much because it's never truly enough of what I FEEL. If I can relay the energy and the bottomless love I have for my family, for my FRIENDS....I would pour gallons and gallons of complete, unconditional, enveloping, warm LOVE and my deepest gratitude.

The words "thank you" aren't enough when I want to show my parents that for the past 22 years I would have collapsed without their strength and nonjudgmental support, even when I sometimes didn't deserve it.

The words "thank you" aren't enough when my friends have taken in all of my flaws, my neurosis, my unreliability, my fickleness and they've loved me anyway.

"Thank YOU" doesn't FEEL like enough when I look at the people who have given me a hand, a dollar, a hug, a phone call.... when that little gesture was the exact thing I needed to keep going.

To all of the people who have read my blogs and followed my stories, who have reached out and proven that the world is full of people who are trying to CONNECT; of people who are just like me, of people who stumble awkwardly and manage to get making it look effortless and graceful, of people who are confused and people who are simply trying to exist in their purest form even if they feel like it's imperfect. THANK YOU.

My gratitude runs thick and strongly through every vein, every stream of energy and motion. Since "thank you" is all there is that can put a label on this feeling, then THANK YOU.

I hope that today whoevers table you're sitting at, or if you're sitting alone...whatever dinner you're eating, or drink you're sipping that all of you find a moment of gratitude and bask in it. Maybe you're waiting for a thank you or you have someone who needs to hear it, today you're allowed- you're expected to be vulnerable and open. Expressing gratitude shouldn't need a designated day, but if there's any perfect "starting place", that time is now.


Fully, unconditionally, nakedly.....I THANK YOU. Thank you for words, for life, for colors and light, for bagels and cream cheese, for bunnies and crunchy snow, for lace and leather, for softness and intensity, for "yes" and "no", for "wrong" and right. For the ability to breathe and walk freely, to express and create, to make mistakes and the ability to learn from them, for free will and irresponsibility. For past and present, connection and re-connection, insecurity and perfectionism, confidence and acceptance.


For every moment, for the past 22 years until NOW....I am whole with unequivocal GRATITUDE.


"THANK YOU" because that's all there is.....


WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR????

16 comments:

just me said...

Thank YOU for being a true friend...even if we only spent a few months in that stupid, hot city. ;)

Ben said...

Thank you for my conscience and all the influences that have shaped it over the time I have been here.

Strawberry Swirl said...

Hmmm... what am I thankful for? Another day my mother gets to stay alive. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Having cancer in my family is a death sentence. Out of all 5-15 people in my family that had some type of cancer, she is the only one that survived. Still surviving, still living, still moving on. That's what I'm thankful for.

Princess Pointful said...

It is funny how you get a sudden rush of gratitude that you just feel the need to shout, hey?
I'm grateful that I am so close to my family, and that I live with a man who loves me messy haired and in sweats just as much as all gussied up ;)

brookem said...

thank YOU for all your ever entertaining and wonderful posts.
hope you had a wonderful holiday.
xx

Lulu said...

HEY. i read ur blog. how come I'm not one of ur bitches.
I WANNA BE ONE OF YOUR BITCHES.
plz.

Katie Says So said...

And THANK YOU for having such an awesome blog Chelsea! Seriously, I love reading it. It makes me smile and laugh. I love your attitude and take on life! I enjoy reading your words so much!!!!

biscuitinabasket said...

Thank you for being such a wicked blogger! Saying thank you made me feel great.... hope it does to you too!

Hope you are having a great thanksgiving weekend!

susan said...

I am thankful for my friends, family, the fact that I have job security in this financial crisis and my boyfriend- the love of my life.

And I am thankful for the wonderful blogging community, including blogs like yours.

Katelin said...

such a great post chelsea. thank you! for being so awesome and such an honest blogger, i absolutely love it.

Akirah said...

So much. Where do I start?

Dolce said...

I thankful I haven't turned into too bad of a grinch...yet.


The holidays and I don't mix. I should probably read this post everyday for the remainder of the month to help prevent my bitterness.

Larissa said...

Thanks for a great post!

I wish I had gratitude more consistently, on not just during the holiday season.

whoissecretdubai said...

Hello,

A humble request...

Do you, by any chance, happen to know who Secret Dubai (the blogger: secretdubai.blogspot.com) is?

http://whoissecretdubai.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

This is probably the most genuine Thanksgiving post I've read. Not that other people don't mean it, but this post just RADIATES your gratitude.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH :) xoxoxo. I hope you had an amazing holiday.

 
ss_blog_claim=1c43e45eb4927c96edea5f154138fe95