Have you ever gone through your cupboard, found a can of something with an experiation date in the 90's or an expired box of pancake batter and then, you put it back on the shelf anyway???
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about all of the things that we keep past the point of going bad; jobs, friends, relationships, that random package of gravy mix?, our presence at a party after the clock strikes midnight and everyone has turned into really fucked up versions of themselves and yet you continue to stay anyway.
The excuses always come down to really inexcusable things like; "but there's so much history...I'm not going to throw it away because we would have wasted so many years together." Well news flash to that, you're going to waste your entire LIFE if you stay with someone simply based on history. If there's nothing in your PRESENT worthy of staying for, get the fuck out.
Then there's these (most excuses start with a but), "But, what would I do?" or "But, I don't know what I'm interested in?" or "But, I don't have enough time. " OR, "BUT- I don't want to miss anything."
Sometimes, when you're in a place of making excuses for WHY you're staying, you probably should've left a long time ago.
The situations vary, and out of comfort or fear, laziness or a need to feel wanted in some regard we stick around....
Well here are some signs that I follow when I think it's time to GET THE FUCK OUT.......
1. He refuses to change his Facebook status and keeps it at "Single" or "It's complicated."
2. The cops are outside.
3. The girl who looks like an extra from Pretty in Pink is convincing the men at the party to let her do their makeup.
4. Someone is drinking straight from a bottle of Crown Royal
5. They're trying to pay you less than they promised.
6. One sentence, "I'd like to talk to you about God...."
7. There's a sign that says, "If it flies, it dies."
8. They say something like, "You're good- but not that good." Oh really? Then let them find someone better.
9. The drunk kid grabs the microphone....
10. He grabs the part of you with the most flesh and says, "Are you comfortable with your weight?"
11. You're seeing stars....
12. You cry en route to and from work.
13. They start suggesting you have a glass of water instead.
14. He asks for gas money after a date night.
15. You're doing YOUR job AND your bosses job, minus the pay.
16. "Vanilla Ice" and all of his friends roll in.
17. Your colleauges have Antacid on their desks and pop it like breath mints.
18. "Well babe, you're no Megan Fox...."
19. You're so bored you start creating word games, "How many words can I make with the word BORED....?"
20. You're justifying "why" without anyone asking.....
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S TIME TO "GET THE FUCK. OUT!" ???