Tuesday, June 23, 2009

AND THE WINNER IS.......



OK, so it turns out, when I went to the store (for those of you who asked about the dresses, it was Urban Outiftters!) to try on my options.....THEY DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE ONE?!!

I was outraged. I threw things. Kicked and screamed. Caused a scene in public, threatened lives, you know the usual "diva" esque behavior.....eh, just kidding-though it was tempting. I just cried on the inside a little bit and then moved on after nursing my wound with Food court pizza. 

The show was a wild success and now we'll also be opening for Nathen Maxwell's solo show, the bassist of the band Flogging Molly in Aspen. Really exciting stuff- I could get used to having my name on a marquis and eating late night falafel from 24hr delis across the nation. The rock lifestyle compliments my eyes, or something along those lines- we fit like Original Lays and Wonder Bread. Like Dates wrapped in Proscuitto. Original, and delicious. 

Here's a couple photos from the evening....real blogging to resume later. Thank you for all your suggestions!!!

                                       

In the meantime, we're going to start recording new song and we're doing a lot of business for the band and are throwing around MERCHANDISE ideas i.e; condoms, lollipops, etc. being that you're all madly creative and opinionated......

Any cool merch ideas??? 

And what city would you like to see us play in (blog meetup and rockin out, two of my favorite things)?!?

34 comments:

Lacey Bean said...

Ummm NYC def!!! :)

brookem said...

still a cute dress!

boston please!

Olivia Rae said...

Nashville (music city!)... so much fun

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Lacey- we'll be there in October!

Brookem- our drummer went to Berklee, so I'm sure we'll hit it!

Ace said...

Hey Chelsea, can we get a post on breaking up while living together?? I could use something to make me laugh at myself.

Ali said...

LA! I'll be there!

Jen said...

Come to San Diego!!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Ace- oh no.....:( I can try to write something that will make you laugh, I'm sorry darling!! That defintly can't be easy, keep your head up.

Ali- LA IS A DEFINITE, Maybe when we're on our wya up to seattle/portland in Sept??

Jen- what's a good San Diego venue??? For indie sort of coldplay/deathcab for cute kind of music.....?

Ace said...

Girl, you look hot with a tambourine!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

ace- thank you!!! Send me a link to your band toooo....!! I want to hear. I'm also a flowery folk chick ;)

Larissa said...

Los Angeles!!! There are so many great venues here to play at.

Meeks said...

Did I comment on your FB photos? I meant to and tell you that I LOVE the dress - you look smokin, chica!!
And come to Austin. Live music capital of the world!!

Susan said...

I second Boston!

Meghan said...

Do a west coast tour including BC (Vancouver and up). And love the dress!

ceecee said...

Is that you? What color is the dress, yellow? You look great...Um, I was shocked to have read that Urban Outfitters did not have any of those outfits...?! wtf. Shocked and appalled...

Kristin said...

That's amazing. Congrats!!

Jen said...

The Belly Up Tavern is my favorite and arguably the best venue in SD. In 'north county', so kind of a beachy vibe, but people up here LOVE music... Plus its the closest to my apartment! The Casbah is good, a little smaller, and its more in the downtown area.

Yay, please come!

sid said...

Is there any chance of you coming to Cape Town, South Africa?

LiLu said...

DC!!!

Chessa! said...

you look amazing! congratulations...
When in October will you be here?! that would be awesome!
Re merch....aside from the usual tshirt idea...lurve the lollipop and condom ideas...condom lollipops sounds pretty great.

justjp said...

Strong work. I got to interview Flogging Molly a few years ago for a piece I was working on. Very cool kats. Good luck with the show. If you hit DC or Orlando hit me up.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

meeks- THANK YOU!!!! Ah, austin would be awesome,

ceecee- yep that's meeeeee, the dress is sort of a coral/salmon color!

jen- perfect, thank you for the suggestions!!!

ashley.star said...

Did you have a tambourine!?

LOVE!

Come play at the Grog Shop in Cleveland!! :)

peterdewolf said...

This may be a dopey question, but is there anywhere on line to see/hear you guys perform?

JD said...

St. Andrews Hall in Detroit. Best..Rock...Venue...EVER. If you don't believe me, ask anyone who has played it.

Alya said...

hey! so glad you're doing something you love and progressing with it.. all the best darling!

By the way, I've got a Perricone MD product to give away over at my blog. Come check it out :)

Iva said...

San Francisco! San Francisco! SAN FRANCISCO!! ohhhh this is SO exciting!! please please please say San Francisco!!

Iva said...

ok. I just listed to you sing. I am blown away. you are so talented. really.

Anonymous said...

Ms.Bean!!!Really cute pics of you and your love!!! Break a leg in Aspen Saturday night!!!!! Love,you know..

Felisa said...

Condoms for sure! Haha
And I really like your dress. Kinda looks like #1??

Seattle. We appreciate good music ;)

Janie said...

Come to Lawrence, KS!

We have great venues and we're all huge music lovers.

(Plus most of us wish we could move to Colorado and be in successful bands so please let us live vicariously through you!)

floreta said...

dang how are you so cool!?

La Petite Belle said...

awww so sad.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

OOO THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS, DEFINITLY WORKING ON THIS AND WILL GIVE YOU AN UPDATE!!

 
ss_blog_claim=1c43e45eb4927c96edea5f154138fe95